Monday, January 18, 2010

And So It Begins

As part of the motivational drive to keep running, I've decided to create a separate blog to document my runs, moods, mileage, successes and failures. In particular, I decided to begin blogging because I am preparing to run my first half marathon and I am both extremely scared and excited to do it. As a somewhat experienced runner who has fallen off the track, as it were, I want to document my progress as a reminder of how far I have come and how far I will go.

My race schedule for this quarter of the year consists of three races:

  1. The Tar Heel Trot (5k) held on February 6th
  2. The Roanoke Rapids Half Marathon on March 13th
  3. The Tar Heel 10 Miler held on April 10th


Since I have run 5ks and 10ks before, I feel like I can take on the two big races that I have planned for this quarter; however, I also recognize that they will both challenge me beyond my previous limits. In preparation for these two challenges, I am asking anyone who reads this and runs to give me advice and help me along the way. In the meantime, I've got muscles to stretch and trails to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment